The government of the United Arab Emirates, specifically in Dubai, has introduced a new immigration opportunity aimed at attracting wealthy or highly skilled foreigners: The Dubai Investor Visa. This type of visa enables eligible applicants to obtain a long-term residence visa for a period of 5-10 years, depending on their eligibility category.
Unlike other visas, the Dubai Investor Visa allows applicants to apply directly without the need for a sponsor in the UAE. To qualify for this visa, individuals are required to make a substantial investment in Dubai, demonstrating their commitment to contributing to the economic growth and development of the city.
The Dubai Investor Visa is a type of UAE Long-Term Residence Visa that is specifically designed for investors. To qualify for the Dubai Investor Visa, individuals must meet certain criteria, including:
- Investment Threshold: The applicant must invest a specific minimum amount of funds in Dubai’s real estate market or in an existing or new business in the city.
- Financial Stability: The applicant should have a stable financial standing to demonstrate their ability to support themselves and any dependents in Dubai.
- Business Plan: For business investments, the applicant must present a comprehensive business plan outlining the proposed investment and its potential economic impact.
- Background Check: Applicants must pass the necessary security and background checks as required by the UAE authorities.
- Commitment Period: The Dubai Investor Visa usually grants long-term residency for a specified period, depending on the size and nature of the investment made.
- Ongoing Investment: To maintain the visa status, the investor must continue to meet the investment requirements and abide by the UAE’s regulations.
The UAE offers two types of Long-Term Residence Visas, each with its own specific eligibility criteria:
10-year UAE Long-Term Residence Visa:
a) Invest at least AED 10 million in the UAE’s public sector (UAE Investor Visa).
b) Possess specialized talents, such as doctors, scientists, inventors, specialists, or individuals with exceptional abilities in the fields of culture and art, including medical doctors, computer programmers, electronics and electrical engineers, and biotechnologists.
5-year UAE Long-Term Residence Visa:
a) Invest in a property in the UAE (UAE Investor Visa or Property Visa UAE).
b) Be an entrepreneur with an existing project having a minimum capital of AED 500,000.
c) Demonstrate outstanding academic achievements as a student, with a minimum grade of 95% in a secondary school or a GPA of at least 3.75 in a university.
When applying for a UAE long-term residence visa, you’ll need specific documents to support your application:
Documents required when applying for the entry permit:
- Copy of your passport
- Passport-size pictures
- Bank statements for the past 6 months
Additional documents based on your purpose of application (e.g., company trade license copy, partnership contract, ID of other partners, Memorandum of Association for LLC, proof of accreditation for specialized talents, proof of patent for investors)
Documents required when applying for the long-term residence visa within the UAE:
- Your entry permit
- Medical test results
- Immigration Establishment Card
- Any additional documents relevant to the purpose of your visa application
Please note that the list of required documents may vary depending on your individual case, and you might also need prior approval from UAE authorities before applying for the visa. Given the importance of this visa application, seeking assistance from a qualified attorney or authorized legal entity is advisable.